Thursday 5 May 2016

Applied Illustration: Book Design

 










These are the designs for my final promotional book that I intend to print. I have attempted to create a product that is in keeping with Fjallravens brand aesthetic, using textural graphics to give it an authentic quality. I have researched into the type face that they Fjallraven use in their branding; VAG rounded bold, and Marion. These are key elements in maintaing the image. I also want to remain as in keeping as possible in order to reach out to Fjall Raven's target audience. To reiterate the promotional element of the boo,I have included a page advertising the website, urging the audience to 'join the adventure' - language that I think is quite appropriate to the fun, and lighthearted element of the brand.

Overall I think the layout of the book looks really professional. I'm glad I got a chance to exercise my graphic design skills aswell. The actual written content of the book was sourced from National Geographic, and was used purely to see how my images could look in context. If I was going to make the book, I would approach a journalist in order to use completely original content. 

No comments:

Post a Comment