Friday 20 January 2017

YCN Greenalls: Idea Development

Today I began thinking about my idea for the Greenall's brief, and I came up with this idea of 'Gin Oclock'. I'd heard this saying before many times and feel that it has quite cheeky connotations and links with typical british humour. So I thought about what 'gin oclock' actually was and I had an idea of someone leaving work on a friday night, and rushing home to have some gin. I know it hints at being borderline alcoholic, but at the same time I think it could refer to the cheeky British sense of humour that Greenall's utilises in their brand identity. 


I also wanted to find a way to incorporate the idea of British weather, and leaving the workplace and going home, through the wind and rain? everyone united in leaving work on a friday night to go home and have a drink?

I recently saw this video from Parallel Productions, a Paris based collective who make work with a similar digital quality to some of mine. I love how in each frame the animation is subtle but makes the timing of the animation punchy and humorous. I admire the square cropped frame aswell, which I think could be really relevant to a mutli platform campaign -  especially through Instagram, appealing to the desired target audience of millennials.

I've never made a full animation before but I feel confident after 504 last year, that I could make subtle animations, if I plan it out in a good way. I think i'm quite good at thinking of ways that I could utilise my skills and knowledge of photoshop and after effects, so i'd be interested in giving it a go.


No comments:

Post a Comment