Sunday 16 November 2014

Studio Brief 3: Play, Play, Play - Initial Ideas


For this project, my given word was SET. I started off thinking of all the possible meanings of the word, trying to avoid obvious and cliche ideas. For the brief, I had to create 3 posters, each communicating a different meaning of the word 'set'. 


This was an initial sheet to get my ideas down, covering some basic imagery that conveyed my given word. I then started to develop my concepts slightly, focusing on meanings such as 'set out' and 'set up'. Once again, I really struggled with generating ideas that were interesting and unconventional. however, while creating the roughs, I felt that there was a strong sense of narrative being developed throughout.



Based on my initial ideas, I took part in a peer review session; 


From the review, I received alot of helpful feedback in terms of moving my project forward. I found it really useful to see if people understood my concepts, especially in the 'Image only'. Some feedback I received was that my ideas communicated my meaning once it had been explained. However, I feel that to make a successful illustration it should be self explanatory which is something I tried to work on after this.

No comments:

Post a Comment