Sunday 2 November 2014

Studio Brief 2: A Day In The Life - Outcomes

Initially I created drawings based on my roughs using fineliner, and pencil to add textural details. I felt these drawings were quite successful because of their consistent visual style. I also felt that I delt with anatomy quite well, which led to effective development of character. 



These were my final outcomes for the editorial project:

Fig 1

Fig 2

Fig 3
For these outcomes, I tried a digital approach for the first time. I feel that it worked quite well for my concept, and felt that it gave my images a slick and professional look. One thing I would comment on though is the neatness of the colouring, as in some places it looks slightly messy. I also found it quite difficult only using 2 colours, as in some places I felt that it was hard to create contrast. 
    In terms of composition, I felt that I delt with it quite effectively, especially in fig 1 and fig 2. Fig 3 however is still successful to some extent, but I feel that the composition is slightly lacking, in terms of drawing your attention to the important aspect of the image, which is the umbrella. 


Some main points from my feedback that I agree with:
  • My presentation at the critique, as my images were not cut out. I feel that in future I need to take a more professional attitude towards critiques and ensure that my work is displayed. 
  • The compositional elements of fig 3 are used poorly to focus the attention on the main aspect of the story. When creating the piece I did feel that this was the case, however I felt it was difficult to maintain visual consistency. I feel that the image would be improved by better choice of colour on different aspects of the image. 
  • I have also learnt about DPI's, which was something else I needed to work on when presenting my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment