Thursday 30 October 2014

Visual Language: Line

Here we looked into how Line is used in different ways to create 2D shapes and images. 


Ben Shahn
Raymond Petibon

Some points:
  • Within the discipline of Illustration, good drawing is defined by the unique craft of its maker, and the context it exists against. 
  • 'Form' is used to describe 3 dimensional objects
    'Shape' refers to 2 dimensional
In this task, I explored Line, and how different lines can create a different 'tone of voice' in your work. Focusing on the Horror theme again, I created images of figures in dynamic poses, using a wide range of materials. I feel that I really tried to play more in my sketchbook in this task, using ink, pencil, graphite, markers, colour pencils, erasers and various applicators aswell. 


I'm not 100% happy with my drawings at the moment and feel like I need to play more in order to find something that I enjoy in my work. 




Some feedback I received from my drawings: 
  • Draw on a bigger scale 
  • Drawings with thicker more clumsy lines are most effective. 
  • Really like the use of 2 mediums at the same time to create 3D effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment