Wednesday 8 October 2014

Visual Language: Drawing from Reference


For this task we were asked to find an image from a book, which I then translated into my own drawing. The process of translation refers to using the image, taking information from it, and drawing it, as opposed to just copying it. To translate this image, I used black ink and a brush to create quick sketchy drawings, using my photograph as a reference.



 I found it really interesting to see how the drawing progressed after redrawing it again and again. I think this technique is very beneficial and I shall continue to use it in my future work. 

I feel that the benefits of this process are very worthwhile, as it provides you with information that you wouldn't neccessarily think of, if drawing from memory. It is useful if you are wanting to visualise something that isn't accessible. The weaknesses of this process however, are that it is more difficult (In my opinion) to translate the image when it is in front of you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment