Sunday 26 October 2014

Studio Brief 1: Initially

Brief: Produce an A-Z poster of yourself, in monochrome, must contain 26 pieces of work, no typography/words, A1 portrait dimension.


To begin answering this brief, I looked at some existing examples of published Typology. Typology is the concept of using images to represent words/type. In this case, I focused on presenting the alphabet using typology, with the goal of using an image for each letter. 

To ensure that my idea was developed, I noted down 10 ideas for different alphabets, which reflected me and my interests. These included; Favourite horror films, fears and phobias, stuff you'd find in my room, sea monsters, and other interests I have. I found thinking of 10 ideas very difficult, as my initial ideas were boring and lacking in concept, which was ideal for a successful poster. 

I then explored each idea using small roughs, to give a basic idea of my concepts. 




Unfortunately, I missed the critique session on this project due to illness, however, I was able to arrange a smaller informal critique with my flatmates. Some comments made about my ideas were;

  • Diverse range of ideas
  • Imaginative 
  • Slightly unclear meaning for some ideas
  • Sea Monster idea is quite interesting, unique. 

No comments:

Post a Comment