Thursday 30 October 2014

Studio Brief 2: Day In The Life - Roughs Feedback

Recently I took part in a peer critique session on my sketches for the Editorial Illustration brief. In this session we were put into groups and discussed which ideas we should take forward for our final outcomes. Here is some of the feedback I received, on each set of Illustrations produced:





I was quite happy with my feedback as my peers felt that my ideas were developed and I had explored a range of concepts. However, I did find it very useful to hear their interpretations of my drawings, and if they conveyed the intended meaning. Some of my ideas were seen as slightly confusing in terms of concept, and others just needed altering in terms of composition and framing. Overall I found this session really useful, and has helped me move forward in my project. 

From the critique, I have received suggestions to take these 3 images forward:




My peers really liked the use of character, 'the bored bookshop worker'. I intend to use the character in each of my images, to make them visually consistent, aswell as covering some of the issues raised in the article. I also intend to use the colour orange to link with the aesthetics of the tote bag. 

No comments:

Post a Comment