Wednesday 8 October 2014

Summer Project. 10x10x10



For this task, I was asked to create a set of 10 images, in response to a several prompts about 'My Summer'. Before starting the project I made various mind maps and diagrams about what I did this summer to ensure that the outcomes would be as interesting as possible, aswell as visually effective. 

My chosen media for the project was fine liner, as I wanted to create a set of simple yet stylized images. I focused very closely on line quality, using various thicknesses to create a slight three dimensional effect.

Throughout each piece, I injected a small amount of colour (orange) to give it more of an interesting aesthetic. I feel that the running use of orange also makes my images more identifiable as a set. I also used the idea of a circle around each image, to improve the composition, but also refer to the idea of looking through a window to the past. 

I feel that this project would have been more successful if I had been more experimental with media, for example using Ink and a brush to create interesting lines. 

No comments:

Post a Comment