Wednesday 8 October 2014

Visual Language: Look, Think, Draw. Continued. (3/10/14)

Leeds Royal Armories
Mechanical pencil and Charcoal.
To further the look, think, draw project, I went to the Royal Armories Museum. There were hundreds of suits of Armour, weapons and paintings. This was quite different from the last session, as I was observing still life objects, once again improving the amount of detail and line quality. I found this quite difficult as each suit of armour was very detailed, and it was quite easy to resort to drawing from imagination.


Leeds Museum Discovery Center 
Biro and Ink.
Once again observing still life objects, I went to the Discovery Center, which was filled with thousands of old, interesting objects, such as Taxidermy, items of natural form and various other memorabilia. I preferred this location as opposed to the Royal Armories, as everything that I drew was organic and not as technical. I really liked the use of Biro as I felt that I could capture very small intricate details in a short amount of time. 

                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment