Thursday 30 October 2014

Visual Language - Sketchbook

Visual Skills - Sketchbook Pages


Here I did a range of drawings based around my theme of 'Classic Horror Films'. For reference material, I got a book from the Library 'Horror! The definitive companion', by Kim Newman and James Marriot, which was filled with movie stills from classic horror films. 



In my sketchbook I wanted to quickly record some imagery from horror films, using pencil, markers and fineliners. I also experimented with Copic markers for the first time, which I really enjoyed using. I feel like I could've been alot more experimental with media, which I feel have hindered my images. I really would like to be more brave in terms of playing in my sketchbook.  


I intend to use this sketchbook daily, to record imagery and develop my drawings. I really want to look into creating some imagery from my imagination, still relating to the Horror theme. 

No comments:

Post a Comment