Sunday 26 October 2014

Studio Brief 1: Initially / Outcome


This was the outcome for my typology poster, based around the theme of Sea Monsters. I have always had an interest in the paranormal, superstitions and folklore, and thought that this would be an interesting theme to explore. 

Initially I think that my poster is quite successful, in the way that I have focused on composition, and shown some form of technical skill. I felt really comfortable using the fineliner and ink to create my images, so I feel that this helped me alot. However I feel that a change of medium/colour would have created a completely different effect, and would have liked to experiment a bit more. Unfortunately due to the short time scale of this task, I was unable to do so. In terms of composition of the poster, I am quite happy as each element has a sense of organisation to some extent, and reflects the style of existing typology posters. 

If I were to do this project again, I think that I would focus more on the ideas stage. Although I think my poster is successful, I think that the subject matter could have been better, and created a bit more of a meaning. 


I also took part in a group critique session on the poster, and here is the feedback I received:



Overall I was really pleased with my feedback, as my peers felt that the medium used had a sensitive and intricate effect, and the content of the poster was original and communicated well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment