Tuesday 8 March 2016

Applied Illustration: Brand Research

To get a feel for the brand I decided to look at their online presence and how they market themselves visually. What graphic aspects do they use etc. I particularly admire their use of typography and font. I think that the bold, red and playful font really compliments the muted, authentic and almost scientific(?) imagery. Colours are very elegant, and apart from the font, are very natural shades. 




They use alot of photography that is often very atmospherically shot using muted colour palettes. Featuring people and products in picturesque places. 



Instagram: Picturesque Landscapes, beautifully shot. 


A leaflet/small poster I received with an order. The graphics are very authentic looking, with a modern twist. The use of stock is quite thick and textured, but gives it a high quality finish. I really love the use of high quality newsprint(?) and is gives the product a really stylish finish and once again creates authenticity. 

Target Audience

In terms of target audience, It is clear that Fjallraven reach out to all ages, as can be seen in their product range.  However, I feel that their brand image and website design etc is really sophisticated reaching out to a more mature audience. Because of the muted colour scheme and well crafted images, there is a clear sense of high quality products running throughout their online presence. 

Aswell as being high quality, the products they sell are quite high end in terms of price. This gives some sort of indication as to who they are attempting to reach. Hiking enthusiasts, more mature generation? People who disposable income, OR people who will spend everything they have to pursue their passion for the outdoors. 

I feel that if I remain in keeping with fjallraven's aesthetic, I do not feel that target audience will be a huge issue for me when creating my illustrations. Aslong as I maintain a high quality finish and nice printed outcomes I feel I will do that effectively. 

No comments:

Post a Comment