Thursday 10 March 2016

Applied Illustration: Revised Project Proposal

Project Rationale:

I intend to create promotional material for Outdoorwear brand Fjallraven, in the form of an information guide to nature expeditions around the world. I really appreciate the brand values of Fjallraven, which include; making it easier for people to enjoy the countryside, and to do this whilst maintaining an eco friendly approach to product development and distribution. Aswell as my connection with this brand, I feel that my artistic approach of drawing landscapes and people would resonate perfectly. I intend to make my images based on the premise of expanding to other promotional platforms, like billboards etc, and creating an online presence for them. My images will also need to be inkeeping with Fjallraven's brand image. 

Themes/Subjects:

Advertising, Promotional Illustration, Informative, Nature

Hiking, Exploring, Adventure, Scenery, Landscapes, Travelling, Outdoor wear, Equipment

Practical & Conceptual Application:
Specific Disciplinary Area:

Advertising/ Promotional
Book Design

Contextual References

Fjall Raven Photographers (Images on websites) - Really Atmospheric and well executed, displaying products and scenery.

Tom Clohosy Cole - Use of digital Media
Michael Driver - incorporation of texture into shape driven illustration

Creative Skills

I will capitalise on my digital rendering skills as I feel really comfortable with drawing digitally. I would like to push it however by exploring mixed media. 

No comments:

Post a Comment