Monday 7 March 2016

Applied Illustration: Desperate Idea Change

Since researching and attempting to respond to my chosen theme of 1950's america, I have found it hard to give my work an actual purpose and it is very up in the air. I feel that this module is the opportunity to do my dream project and I am not using it wisely; I am proposing that I change my idea in terms of content, which will hopefully give my outcome a purpose. 


-

Since studying graphic design at college, I have always been a fan of branding and wanted to include it in my illustration work, but never found the chance. I am really hoping to create work for an already established brand, perhaps in the hope that if I did it well they would use it for their campaigns, yet i am currently unsure as to if the course would expect me to contact the brand and ask for their permission, even though I do'n't intend to put it anywhere. I feel like creating work to advertise a product would be alot better for me as an individual and would create more of an effective project. 


The brand I am interested in creating work for is Fjall Raven, of which I am a huge fan. They are a swedish outdoor products company who "make it easier for people to enjoy the countryside". 





I really love the values of the brand and think that the content will resonate nicely with the type of work i like to make. The visuals that come with the brand are so nice and I think it would be fun to respond to the theme with illustration. I am currently thinking of creating a product, for example an illustrated guide to nature expeditions of the world, and using it as a platform for advertising the fjall raven brand. I would really like to explore book design aswell as creating an online presence for the product. 

Starting Points

Nature walks around the world
Expeditions 
Adventure
Camping
Outdoors
Countryside
Hiking
Weather

http://www.roughguides.com/gallery/epic-walks/#/20

http://adventure.nationalgeographic.com/adventure/trips/best-trails/worlds-best-hikes-dream-trails/#/tour-du-mount-blanc-best-hikes_68721_600x450.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment