Friday 27 February 2015

Studio Brief 1: I See Faces - Jon Boam Character Workshop

Recently I took part in a Character workshop with illustrator Jon Boam. It was amazing to see his sketches and original drawings, which I thought were incredibly detailed and imaginative, reall reflecting the importance of sketchbooking. 

----

After the session, I took part in a game where I was really challenged to make images quickly. The random words aspect to the game was really exciting, and I feel helped me to make some interesting pictures, something that I intend to continue doing in my spare time using a random word generator on the internet. Here are my drawings from the day;


I found the second half of the session to be really interesting also, whereby our partners drew random shapes that we then had to turn into characters. I love how the game pushed us to make images using new media, and opened my eyes to how diverse character design can be. One of my personal favourites from the sheet, is the green faced guy. I found myself really getting into developing this character, as a loser security guard who gets bullied at work. Amazing how from a potato shaped squiggle I achieved this character, who I am considering using for my final GIFs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment