Monday 16 March 2015

Visual Language: 3D & Lens

I found this task really challenging. The idea of creating 3D objects to photograph is really interesting to me as I have loved model making in the past. From looking at the examples shown in the briefing, I think that the use of 3D objects in a photograph do give a real depth to the image, especially when you can see how natural shadows/lighting falls on the shape.


For my mutation I chose to have the power of controlling the weather (inspired by a lot of horrible weather over christmas!). To create the models, I cut various shapes out of coloured card, also researching nets on the internet for unusual shapes. In the end I came to the conclusion that If I wanted my image to be understood, I would have to use cliches, and stuck to the classic shapes of weather icons. I really enjoyed constructing the shapes, although some were very fiddly, and just seeing 3D art work is really interesting. 

I am really pleased with my final image. I think that the composition of the image is really effective, created using the rule of thirds technique, and I think that my 3D shapes look awesome and are instantly understood. I also like the minimal splash of colour that the shapes bring to the image. My only regret is not being more adventurous and making more icons, as I feel that they may have improved the composition slightly more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment