Monday 16 March 2015

Visual Language: Frame

This week I focused on frame, and how the cropping of an image can be crucial in terms of composition and placing importance on certain aspects. In this task, we had to create an image composed of an Elephant, a Butterfly and myself, focusing on composition, scale and frame. I started with some roughs;


  

There were so many ways I could show the 3 aspects, as shown in my roughs. I found it really difficult to decide which one was most effective. When deciding, I knew I wanted a really dynamic unique composition that displayed the 3 in an unusual way. My final composition is very dynamic, with really unique framing. I attempted to use the rule of thirds guide so that my composition was balanced. Overall I think the compositional elements of this piece are really interesting. However, I do not think that the imagery looks effective atall. 


No comments:

Post a Comment