Monday 16 March 2015

Visual Language: Composition

For this task, I focused on Compositional elements and how experimental roughs can be used effectively to create a successful image. I felt I was quite exhaustive with this task and created a number of roughs, each demonstrating principles described in the handout we received. 


I really enjoyed creating this piece, because of its amount of detail. I sometimes find myself getting lost in a piece, adding small insignificant details, and I think that it often shows in terms of craft. The compositional elements of this piece are effective, in my opinion. I have used the notions of foreground, mid ground and background and created a really dynamic image. I like how the image is more engaging with the man's head in the foreground, as I feel that you can see the facial expression more, developing a character. 




In terms of the final image, I think that the composition is really effective. However, I am not certain about the use of colour? I took inspiration from Drew Millward's screen prints and attempted to experiment with his style, however, I think that my image has ended up looking messy and confusing. I do really like the colour scheme though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment