Monday 16 March 2015

Visual Language: Viewpoint & Depth

For this task, my goal was to create the illusion of distance between 3 figures. Initially, I created roughs employing a foreground, midground and background. When creating roughs I feel I really exhausted my image, which truthfully I have never been very good at. I got really into creating different compositions and felt that I was at a stage where I knew what looked out of place etc. 


    

For my final image, I chose to base it on a rough that I thought was the most dynamic, creating more of a sense of believability. I chose not to use overlapping in my image, because although it adds to the 3D effect, I felt that my figures were too far away and would look fake. In terms of media, I was challenged to only use pencil crayon; I'm not sure about the use of the crayon as I feel like I used it really boldly to create more drama in my image, and I don't think that crayon is an effective way of achieving this. I feel that I was quite experimental with colour however, adding small flecks of green and purple. I think this adds to the image, and once again creates a dramatic and striking effect. 


Overall I am quite pleased with my final image. I think that I used roughs really successfully to achieve a dynamic composition. If I were to do it again, I would change the use of media to something more appropriate like gouache. 

No comments:

Post a Comment