Tuesday 17 March 2015

Visual Language: Screen Print

The final task in our Visual Language module was a screen print, based on 'Doing Something Good'. I was really inspired by Matt Taylors prints and his use of colour. Initially I started roughs, and generating ideas for my subject, which found this quite difficult as I wanted to create something that would have interesting imagery.

 

Some photos I took of the process:


I found the process really easy, considering it was my second time doing screen print. Although there was a lot of waiting around involved, it was fun, and it's always a good feelings generating your own prints. 

Final Print; Coffee & Cigarettes

My final image I was really disappointed with. I think that when creating roughs, I was focusing more on how it would work as a 2 colour print, and not enough on the actual image itself. I think that the orange fill is really overpowering. My original intention was to create the image in Illustrator and make a slick, almost icon-like image, however due to time and work load I was unable to do so, which I really regret. One aspect of the image that I do like is the variation in line quality and think that it creates an interesting tone of voice in the image. 

Over the last module I feel that Visual Language has really helped me to develop as an illustrator, and I do not think that this image demonstrates how much I have developed, hence my disappointment. 


No comments:

Post a Comment