Tuesday 23 February 2016

Applied Illustration: Initial Proposal

Initial Proposal

I intend to create an online experience/webpage that is interactive and entertaining, using illustrations, gifs and animations. I will base the experience around the start of consumerism in America in the 1950’s, as a starting point anyway. This era is something that has always interested me because of the energetic visual culture that is linked with it. I also intend to look into if making it educational in some parts would be something worthwhile.

I was originally inspired by the Ballantine Space Glass experience on Instagram (Can be seen on my blog), designed by Illustrator Tom Clohosy Cole. I think it’s a really innovative way of using social media, and also really engaging and exciting.

GENERAL THEMES:
Narrative
Online
Entertainment
Educational?

SPECIFIC SUBJECTS:
America 1950’s
Consumerism
Pop Culture

- I have proposed to base my book on consumerism as it was the first topic I thought of linked to this era. However, I hope that my research will give me something with a bit more of a deep routed element. 

No comments:

Post a Comment