Saturday 20 February 2016

Responsive: Collaborative - Packaging Design


- As the illustrator of the group, I was in charge of designing the bottle and packaging, whilst Gavin was in charge of creating an animated sting, and Amelia was in charge of poster and Website design. 

- Based on my initial mockups, I decided that the pattern of broken glass was bold and would work really effectively on the bottle. I wanted to create a design that would attract attention right away, even whilst is in someones hand, and their hand is covered parts of the bottle. I started working on a surface pattern, experimenting with the shapes of broken glass. At first I started with irregular shapes, however I felt it didn't look elegant enough. So I decided to simplify the shapes down to triangles which gave the design a much slicker look. 


- In terms of colour, I tried with the original plan of neon yellow, pink and green. However, we as a team decided it looks cheap and tacky, which although we wanted to create a party vibe, wasnt the way to go. After Amelia decided to experiment with colour palettes, she found one with multiple colours that practically would push the creative boundaries, but would be possible to make, and it would look crazy and fun. 

- I think that the latter colour scheme does create more of a sense of a party, however we are yet to use it on a bottle design.

- These bottle mockups look really effective in my opinion, and I think the colour scheme works so well with the modified white label. However, the design of the bottle is only the first half of the product, as it is what it looks like when it is glowing that is the important bit. As a team we decided that the pattern on the left looked like it should be on an absolut vodka bottle or something, so we decided to scale it down and make it smaller and more decorative, which I think looks so much better. I also think the triangles will work really well in branding and promotional material aswell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment