Monday 29 December 2014

Studio Brief 1: One Week Book - Final Outcome


Our final idea was a narrative based around the cross eyed car washer, and his naivety to what goes on in car parks. When creating my art work for the book, I experimented with dots and lines to create texture which I found out is an effective technique to use in Screen Printing. I also wanted to give my image something else, despite my attempts at creating a bleak, boring scene. 

Initial mockups, focusing on composition


I found it really challenging to prep our images for exposure, because of the complexity of the process, different colored inks, what colour goes on top, do the images line up etc. However everyone in my group created a successful set of images and the process was really smooth.
Our image on a screen

Overall I thought that the whole screen printing process was amazing, as i'd never done it before. I think the idea of printing something yourself is a great thing and something that I will definitely be using in my future work. Truthfully however, I do not think that our final outcome was successful. I think that the concept behind it was uninteresting (in an uninteresting way) and that the narrative we attempted to create wasn't communicated well enough for someone to understand the story. I think that our choice of a grey and blue colour scheme was really fitting however as we were trying to implement themes of boredom. I also think that my personal contribution was disappointing as they were merely place fillers in the story.

Final Print
Finished Product

No comments:

Post a Comment