Monday 29 December 2014

Visual Language: Shape & Texture

For this task I followed on from focusing on shape, to adding texture to the shapes. At first I started experimenting with analogue media, such as ink and gouache paint. I think that the texture aspect of this task allowed to me experiment, and I really enjoyed creating images. I using different methods of applying the paint, for example a ruler, to create a dragged effect. 


I then took inspiration from Drew Millward and his interesting yet minimal use of colour and texture. I really like Millward's work as I think that it has such a unique style and I love his attention to detail. I tried to incorporate these aspects into my drawings, using fineliner to add colour and texture. I really like these images of the severed heads, however I do not think that I have shown that I fully understand the way shape and texture can work.


Using my images, I created some digital experiments using Illustrator and various textures. I really like the way vectors make my work look smooth and slick, which was the original effect I was trying to create with fineliner. 




No comments:

Post a Comment