Monday 29 December 2014

Studio Brief 1: One Week Book - Research Trip

For our research trip my groups theme was Car Parks in leeds, and we visited 6 car parks in total. I took some photographs while on the trip because I find it more of a useful tool in terms of documenting. I also collected some items, made some notes and made conversation with people to find out as much as we could about car parks. 






Whilst at the car parks:
  • We tried to establish if there were a certain type of people who use certain car parks, however because of the time of day they were very empty.
  • We discovered that they are very very very very very very boring places. 
  • Car Parks are suicide spots 
  • We found many used condoms on the floor (so yeah) and alot of drug paraphernalia 
  • We spoke to a man who runs a car washing service in the multi-story car park who stands there all day waiting for cars. 
I also did some quick sketches of architecture, people and objects. I used a biro to do my sketches 




From this trip we gained alot of information about car parks and think that we worked really successfully as a group. I think we have gained a good range of subjects to base our one week book on also.

1 comment: