Monday 29 December 2014

Studio Brief 2: Tell an Untold Story - Group Critique with Kristyna Baczynski

Issues Discussed At The Tutorial
  • Pet Shops in Leeds - Snakes and Adders
  • Town Mouse vs City Mouse / Rich vs Poor (Flushed Away)
  • Price Of Cages and how they effect happiness levels of pets (Do they?)
  • Best In Show Film (Relationships with Pets)
  • Does money spent on pets effect their personality?
  • Pimp My Hamster Cage
  • Different pets (Bird cages, Tanks, Hutches) - Double Page spreads for each pet?
From this critique I have gained alot of possible areas to explore for the subject of my book. I have already done a great deal of research into pet shops in my surrounding area, however it was useful to hear about a pet shop (Snakes and Adders) from someones first hand experience. I found it really helpful in terms of receiving ideas about gimmicks such as Pimp My Cage which would contribute alot to the tone of voice created in my book, and I really like the idea of the double page spreads for each pet, which would help to pace the book out. 

Another area im interested in looking at is the personality of pets and how it changes with the amount of money spent on them. I am going to watch creature comforts, created by Nick Park and Aardman Animation, to gain some inspiration and hopefully learn how humor is conveyed. I feel that this is very relevant to my current project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment