Monday 29 December 2014

Studio Brief 1: One Week Book - Initial Ideas & Development

Initial Ideas for book


From our research trip, one of the main things that stuck with us was how boring our day was looking at car parks. We really liked the idea of making the book humorous based on how boring car parks are, featuring it on the boring cross eyed car washer that we met - 'Nothing really happens here'. 

Idea Development

When developing our ideas, my group struggled quite alot to come up with a finalized concept which I found quite stressful, however we each made some roughs and decided which aspects were successful from each. I decided to make a story board creating a narrative for the book, based on our research. I feel that my idea had some successful elements to it, for example the way that humor was conveyed, although needed more development, as I usually tend to visualize a final outcome straight away (which is something I need to improve on).


I think that this time as a group, we did not communicate as effectively as we could have which may hinder our final outcome. However we did reach an agreement to make a narrative based on the Car Washer, as he was quite a prominent character. Although I feel that our idea may be uninteresting, It is the best we are able to come with considering time scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment