Monday 29 December 2014

Studio Brief 2: Tell an Untold Story - Peer Review

Peer Review Feedback:

 
To Do:
  • More Visits to Pet Shops
  • Talk To People - Very valuable research

Truthfully I didn't find this session very helpful in terms of getting feedback on my ideas, as I went into the session with a variety. However, I did find that the conversation between me and my peers helped my project alot. My peer review session took place with 2 of my course members, 1 of which worked in a pet shop 5 years prior to the course, which was an amazing opportunity for me to talk to her. Some notes I made during our conversation:
  • The pet shop industry is a cut throat world, alot of competition, independent vs corporate?
  • also competition with online stores
  • Pet owners are arseholes - They think they know what is best for their pet (they don't)
  • Their world is their animal
  • Alot of stupid stuff you can buy for pets, Frozen Yogurt for Dogs, Dog sun cream. Pets do not need these things, (interesting that these are human products for animals).  
In terms of moving my project forward, I have gathered more research about stupid pet accessories and pet owners doing anything for their pets, which I think is now the key theme in my investigation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment