Monday 3 October 2016

AOI Sounds Of The City - Brief & Initial Thoughts



We are surrounded 24/7 by sound in our cities. It shapes our experiences and our moods. Whether it’s the sound of people going about their daily lives – living, working, visiting or enjoying cultural, sporting or musical activities – or the sounds of nature within the city, the exhibition will show the artist’s relationship with sound, heard within the environment of a city context.
What to enter?

The aim of The Prize for Illustration 2017 competition is to attract artwork for display in an exhibition at London Transport Museum that is colourful, inspiring and celebrates the sounds heard in the hubbub and quiet spaces of the UK’s vibrant, diverse, multi-layered cities.



Initial Thoughts


I'm really excited about this brief as the outcome of it is just crazy! I think that it can be considered quite a short brief, as they are only asking for 1 image. However I would really love to focus on making some pretty decent work to just go in my portfolio if anything! I want to use this brief as a chance to develop my skills in terms of roughing and refining an image, and also I think that the use of selective colour palettes would be appropriate for this brief. I feel that this brief relates to the commercial element outlined in my statement of intent because the winning design will be used for marketing material and merchandise for the London Transport museum, which would also be amazing, also giving me an oppurtunity to explore applying my image to mugs, key rings etc. 

Inspiration


Previous entries for the Prize for Illustration that I found to have admiral qualities in terms of composition, concept and colour. I think colour will have a huge effect on my outcome, so I should consider using a limited palette. 

No comments:

Post a Comment