Thursday 13 October 2016

AOI Sounds Of The City: Development + Application

London Transport Museum / Merchandise Research



To give my outcome more context, I thought it would be interesting to develop it into a campaign that I could use in my portfolio in order to display illustrative and graphic skills. I proposed that my image could be used for marketing material for the London Transport Museum(which is part of the prize, but just incase I didn't win):


Though this poster isn't by any means perfectly designed, I feel it has a basic concept that is relevant to what it is trying to communicate. I think that the orange colour works really well and is relevant to the train ticket. I did struggle to place my image into a well designed/composed poster however because I think it is quite awkwardly composed in terms of adding text to. 

Some presentation Boards I created for the next upcoming crit:



Here I mocked up my images onto merchandise, taking inspiration from the research I did previously, which really helps my images identify as commercial pieces of Illustration, and makes it clearer how I am creating work that suits my goals and my practice. I really enjoy creating things like mockups so I feel like I really got the most of my image and created a believable set of products and outcomes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment