Thursday 6 October 2016

AOI Sounds Of The City: Final Image + Critique

I decided to develop 2 of my initial composition sketches - Upon adding colour and making my images, I was happy with the way they turned out - but something I'm trying to focus on this year is getting more feedback on my work and using that to develop an outcome, so I showed them to some people (and I needed some advice on which one to pick):


Comments 

- Prefer the first image, the other has a very flat/2d feel, looks a bit weird.
- Quirky but really nice colour scheme
- Looks very commercial.
- Doesn't look alot like your work, maybe add more texture?
- Composition looks empty and a bit awkward, try adding more feet. 

I'm happy I took the time to show my work to people who gave me actual useful critique(which I feel like I don't get alot of the time), but it really made me realise some things that I'd perhaps overlooked. I'm glad that the pieces were identified as looking commercial though, which will definitely benefit my portfolio as one of my aims for Extended Practice. Before the submission I would like to take some time to adjust the chosen image in light of the feedback I received.

No comments:

Post a Comment