Thursday 6 October 2016

AOI Sounds Of The City: Development

So today I started developing a colour scheme for my image, that I chose from my variety of roughs. At first I began with typical british colours of red,white and blue to achieve a sense of patriotism that I think would fit with the London Transport Museum's image. However I felt that there were certain connotations linked with those colours that were very typically british, that would not reflect the diverse society that the UK is today. So using photoshop I adapted the colour scheme of the flag in order to achieve an altered scheme. 



I finally came up with this mixture of turquoise, orange and yellow which I think is an effective colour scheme but also quite bold. The main thing I wanted to communicate with this colour scheme was diversity. 


I used my scanned in rough to develop the image a bit further in terms of identifying which areas should be which colour, in order to communicate effectively. I'm glad I gave myself a limited colour palette because it made me consider the composition alot more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment