Tuesday 4 October 2016

I want/need to...


A list of wants and needs for my practice, in order to start shaping where I want to go with the extended practice module:

  1. I need to find out how to get into advertising, because the sooner I know, the sooner I can start making work with more of a focus on benefiting my portfolio, especially in Extended Practice. This means I will be able to build a portfolio of work that is industry specific. 
  2. I need to start making work that is based on poster design and print campaigns because once again this is partly the area I would like to go into. This means that I will be able to gain confidence and skills in this specific area which will be beneficial in my later career (hopefully!).
  3. I need to gain experience in using colour effectively because this will ultimately benefit everything I make. This means that I will be able to showcase my skills in a carefully considered and professional way, and it just looks good! In additition I think colour is the key to creating an atmosphere in an image, which I always strive to include. 
  4. I want to improve my skills with adobe illustrator, because I work quite shape based, I feel that using illustrator is just a key skill that would only benefit me, and give my work a more professional standard. 
  5. I want to start using more narrative in my work because in advertising, narrative is often key, especially in adverts for John Lewis.I think using narrative is an excellent opportunity to showcase my ability for ideas, aswell as technical skill, which was a personal aim for this module.

No comments:

Post a Comment