Monday 10 October 2016

AOI Sounds Of The City - Final Entry

This was my final entry for the Sounds of the city prize for illustration - I'm much happier with the image now that I have adjusted it. To develop it I added a lot more texture and played around with the composition to make it appear a bit busier and fuller, which looks alot more effective. I also feel that it creates a more dynamic viewpoint. To make my image a bit more bold and fit in with current portfolio I adjusted the colours to be slightly more vibrant, in order to make the image as a whole stand out and be more eye catching. However I have recently realised that I lost focus of using text in my image, and feel that it doesn't lend itself to a graphical outcome. I do feel however that it will look effective for designs on merchandise.


My entry: 'Step Step'


Overall Experience

I think this project has been a really good first one to get the ball rolling for extended practice. It was quite a quick turnaround, but I feel that I've managed to make efficient and effective decisions to develop my submission for a major competition. And even if I don't win I still have some pieces for my portfolio that show demonstrate an ability to create work for commercial use. 

No comments:

Post a Comment