Wednesday 2 November 2016

To Kill A Mockingbird: Cover Initial Idea


This was an initial idea I just had to create straight away. I chose to create a perspective in my image that is not seen in the book, of Boo Radley, a social recluse who watches the 2 main characters grow up from afar. 
I really like the concept of the image, especially the small details from the book, e.g the soap dolls. I think the image overall though is quite dark, which looks slightly misleading? To me it looks like it belongs in the crime genre. I think I want it to have more of a warm atmosphere. Also the use of red text reiterates the crime genre. 

I don't think the quality of the image is very effective either, I don't enjoy that it was obviously created digitally which is something I'm trying to avoid. I want to incorporate alot more texture and expressiveness to communicate a warmer more authentic feel within the cover. 

Also in comparison to my research, I feel that my final outcome needs to be alot more symbolic of the storyline. Boo Radley is a part of the story, but not really the main aspect. Perhaps this would work better as an illustration inside the book?

No comments:

Post a Comment