Wednesday 16 November 2016

To Kill A Mockingbird: Development

To start developing my idea of focusing on the buildings within Maycomb that are symbolic of different themes within the story, I began to experiment with ways of drawing architecture. 

I quite like this style, especially the textural quality of the shadows, however I feel that they are still too digital looking and rigid. I think that the colour scheme looks slightly too dull/boring aswell, it doesn't really give the impression of major symbolism within a story. I do like the textural elements though as they create reference to children/children's drawings, which links with the children characters in the story. I think that these images also have quite contemporary, trendy feel to them which would help my cover to fit in to the current book cover design market.

Selection of themes form the book that I need to convey with my front cover:

Racism 
Good and Evil
Innocence 
Naivety 
Social Recluse 

No comments:

Post a Comment