Tuesday 1 November 2016

To Kill A Mockingbird: Initial Sketching


I really just wanted to use my sketchbook as a way of idea generation, drawing speculatively. I just wanted to get all of my initial ideas down on paper, such as characters, buildings, and visual metaphors like cats and birds. I think the cat and bird idea is quite effective in terms of communicating, however I think it's been done many times before and i'd prefer to think a bit more outside of the box. 

Another idea I had was about focusing on the character of Boo Radley, the social recluse in the story that watches the whole story unfold. I like this kind of perspective/point of view idea, seeing the story from a different angle, and it relates to the quote from the brief about finding a fresh take on the story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment