Tuesday 15 November 2016

Christmas Card Brief: Development


This was an idea that I was playing around with which i think is quite effective in communicating christmas and leeds college of art. I don't think that this image conveys the crafted feel that they asked for in the brief however, it was a good idea to get down and does look highly commercial.

---

I found these examples of 3D paper cut cards on pinterest, and thought these were really effective ways of developing an idea. I especially thought that the first example uses light really effectively and innovatively in order to create definition and contrast within the design. I like the immersive feel that these designs have, and turn them into something that would be like an ornament, not just a greetings card. 


I've decided to base my design on the Blenheim Walk building in my design because I think it's quite iconic with it's circle window, and to business partners etc, it would be instantly identifiable. I'm hoping to make the building look christmassy, which I will develop soon.

Reference image of the college building

No comments:

Post a Comment