Sunday 25 January 2015

Studio Brief 2: Tell An Untold Story - Artist Research/Inspiration

Now that I have established my chosen ideas for each page, I decided to have a look at other artists that convey humor, and products that are available. I really wanted to see how certain techniques are employed to generate humor. 


Phil Jones - Creating a different kind of humor to what I want to achieve, however I think that his style is sophisticated in terms of its tone of voice. I think that the simplistic, bleak composition is quite on trend  in the illustration industry, where humor is being created. 



Gemma Correll - Gemma Correll is one of my favorite illustrators because of her really authentic, hand drawn style. I think she communicates humor really effectively, once again through her simplistic colour schemes and punchy style. Her use of language also contributes greatly to the humor aspect, which is something I intend to use in my own work. 


Chris Simpsons Artist - Another one of my favorite illustrators who never fails to make me laugh. His style of humor is really unique but is still very popular. I think his choice of language fits perfectly with his wacky caricatures, which is what makes his work so brilliant. His tone of voice is created through his simple and grammatically incorrect use of language.

No comments:

Post a Comment