Sunday 25 January 2015

Studio Brief 2: Tell An Untold Story - Visual Experimentation (cont)

After my last set of research, I decided to start creating some images based around problems pets may have and how to help them. Whilst doing this, one of my main goals was to create a particular tone of voice that conveyed humor, and so I experimented with fine liner and more loose style inky lines. 


Initially I did a quick drawing using fine liner of an idea that popped into my head. I tried to think of as many 'ridiculous' pet inventions that I could, e.g Fish Psychologist. I wanted to convey the idea that some pet owners are so crazy that they will buy anything if they think it will help their pets, even if some of the products are completely illogical. I'm not sure on the style of this however, as I would like my images to have more of a naive, hand drawn quality to them. 




I feel this set of images are alot more like what I aimed to create, although I feel that the content of the images aren't particularly 'crazy' or 'silly' enough, I feel that this style works really well in terms of creating humor, and the use of water colour and ink create the hand rendered effect I was hoping for. I think the colour schemes in the images work really well also. 


Here I looked at the idea of how pet owners would react to hearing about a problem that their pets may have, continuing with the ink and watercolour style. I think this style is really effective, however I would like to try the images in different media, e.g gouache, to see if the boldness of the colours creates the same effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment