Sunday 25 January 2015

Studio Brief 2: Tell An Untold Story - Chat with Matt

I had a talk with Matt about the work I had done so far and some composition experiments I had been working on. I wanted to create more of a scene, as opposed to just floating spots on a page. I feel that the composition works well in the dog image, because of the box in the background. However, in the fish image the composition is weak and unnecessary. 


It was also brought up that my ideas are not funny enough, and it is apparent that I do not have confidence in them, so my focus is to once again, go completely over the top and think of ideas that will make the reader laugh. And again I was advised to make a storyboard/mockup so I can see how my book will function.

We also discussed my personal progress on the course, and how in some cases I am not focused/dedicated enough, which I felt was fair to say. I'm glad that this was discussed however as I am now clear on the amount of work I should be doing, which will help for future briefs.


I really feel like this talk was a massive turning point for me, for this project and the rest of my future on this course. 

No comments:

Post a Comment