Sunday 25 January 2015

Studio Brief 2: Tell An Untold Story - Final Image Digital Experimentation

Before choosing a colour scheme for my book, I experimented with the front cover. I wanted there to be a simplistic colour scheme throughout the book, and felt that the front cover would be the best place to start, to see what tone is set. When coloring my images in Photoshop, I knew that I didn't want to focus too much on using colour because I feel that the most successful humor illustrations do not use alot of colour, or use very muted colour palettes. Here I tried out some experiments using the colour blue, which I felt was quite a neutral colour, but still creates a sophisticed tone of voice. I like how it is quite an unusual colour scheme for animals also.


I think that my front cover design is really effective and conveys everything that I need it to. I think that the looser style of text and the simplicity of the colour schemes generates a light hearted relaxed feel for my book. However, i think that the use of the darker blue creates more of a sophisticated look, as opposed to the other 2 experiments. 



Here are some experiments for the imagery inside my book. Because of the simplicity of my front cover, I like experiment 4 because of how it is just a small injection of colour to break up the page.


No comments:

Post a Comment