Sunday 25 January 2015

Studio Brief 2: Tell An Untold Story - Final Images & Mockup

Final Images for book (to be displayed as double page spreads):




To finalise my images and help them to communicate easier, I used language that is very simple to understand that has a spoken feel to it (although it is pretty much nonsense). I found it quite difficult to ensure that the text is consistent throughout, however I wanted my book to maintain a handwritten relaxed feel, to hopefully convey humor easier. I don't think it would have had the same effect with digital type. Overall I am really pleased with the design, layout, colour schemes and overall appearance of my book, I feel like it is the exact aesthetic I was hoping to create.

Final Book Mockup:

I decided to make a mockup of my book, so that I was able to order the pages. I personally felt that some pages were funnier than others, so I attempted to space the funnier ones out in order to pace the book and also ensure that the gags are timed right. It also helped when printing in indesign, as i was able to just take apart my mockup and see how the pages would be printed out.

No comments:

Post a Comment