Sunday 25 January 2015

Studio Brief 2: Tell An Untold Story - Visual Experimentation

To start the visual exploration of my ideas, I created some sketches, initially inspired by one of my drawings from the research trip, based on the idea of large excessive hamster cages. The drawing was from a very large scale hamster cage that made me think it was a 'tad extravagant'. I had an idea that throughout the book, the cages would get bigger and more ridiculous. 


I created these drawings using a Copic marker which I felt gave my images an authentic, cheeky vibe. I really liked the small line pattern that I used when drawing the saw dust as I feel that it gives the images effective intricate detail. I think that the style of these images are something that I want to take forward to my final book. 


Some digital experiments with colour

As much as I love this idea, I feel it is quite basic and perhaps struggles to communicate my message of crazy pet owners. I am glad that I have tested this out though, as I really like the aesthetic of the images, which I can take forward to my final book design. I intend to do some more research into pet products, and perhaps try out the evolving cage idea with other pets.


After the crit with Kristyna I was given the idea to look at Pet personalities, and so I also experimented with character design. I feel that this idea however has been done before, and would not benefit my book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment