Sunday 25 January 2015

Studio Brief 2: Tell An Untold Story - Generating Final Images

From what I have researched into illustrators that use humor, I felt confident to start creating some images for my final book. I decided to change the style of my drawing from quirky and charming, to something a little more sophisticated, using neater fine lines. 

I found that by doing something as simple as changing the eyes on my animals that a whole new effect has been created. I think that this particular style makes the animals look more human, and gives a sense of a personality. 

Mockups:               





I slightly struggled to make the animals look consistent in a particular style, however I think I managed. I attempted to use smoother lines to create caricature-esc imagery of the animals.

Final Images:





When creating these images, I took alot of inspiration from Gemma Correll and her use of grey ink/marker to add tone and variation to her drawings. I'm really happy with how they turned out and think that they create the right tone of voice for my concept, and hopefully humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment