Monday 4 April 2016

Responsive: Feathr - Digital Experimentation

At first I struggled with idea generation, as I really didn't know where to start. I understood that a motif of some sort would be a good starting point to repeat and build around. I didn't really know what kind of imagery would work best so I tried a variety of images. With some of my digital experiments, I chose a colour scheme first, and tried to draw inspiration from that. I think that the geometric shapes worked well, but didn't really have enough depth for my tastes, and they just seemed a bit random. I think the images I have created, link closely with the theme of Pop Art, which was my intention.

Practice tiles I created to get a feel for shape and texture.


I did alot of experimentation with different effects and brushes to see if it would inspire an idea and I really enjoyed this expressive quality. I think although created digitally, the use of textures gives the image bit of authenticity which is a quality I always try to incorporate into my work. On this basis, using the textural brushes, I decided to start illustrating from my reference images, and found this image to turn out quite successfully. I really like the idea of a Crab because it maintains a feel of pop art, and that sense of 'unusual objects', and it's quite an alternative image to have on wallpaper. I think the symmetry of the crab will make a really nice pattern though, and I really like the colours, which I created using the colour scheme maker. They give me a sense of warmth, which may be a positive factor, especially when considering how wallpaper changes the atmosphere of the room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment