Monday 11 April 2016

Responsive: Feathr - Making a repeat pattern

A video I used to learn how to create the tile for my repeat pattern

 
I started out with my initial image and divided in half, using the flip tools to position each aspect achieving perfect symmetry. 

 
I then used the pieces of the image I had already arranged, in order to eliminate what I needed so that the pattern was seamless. I didn't find this method particularly difficult, which I feel was one of the benefits of creating it in photoshop. I did find however, that when my tile was repeated, there was alot more negative space than what I wanted, so I added some small textural decoration in-between just to occupy the space a bit more and improve the pattern hopefully. I really happy with the use of texture and colour and once again feel that an authentic feel has been created. The warming colour scheme I have created reminds me of the wallpaper designs in Hollister, which In my opinion are really effective. 


I found it really interesting to see how scaling and repeating my images made such a difference, something to consider for future.

No comments:

Post a Comment