Wednesday 20 April 2016

Applied Illustration: Visual References


Screencaps from "Bryce Canyon National Park - Sunrise to Sunset Point hike through Hoodoos"


I wanted to attempt to create some mainly original imagery based on my own references, however as I don't have the means to travel to the places I'm drawing, I found youtube videos to be the next best thing. This video was really useful in giving me a sense of Bryce Canyon and small details I can add to my artwork to help it seem more realistic and well researched. When watching the video I looked for the most diverse angles and best landscapes. I think this was a really good idea, because although the majority of images on google images are similar, none will be the same as what I have captured from the video. 

No comments:

Post a Comment