Thursday 6 April 2017

Final Major Project Thoughts

From Extended Practice so far I've really enjoyed book cover design and I think it's one of my strongest pieces from this module so far. I know for my FMP that I want to create something that utilises both Illustration and Graphic Design, so I feel that a book cover design project would be ideal for me. I'm also really interested in pushing my images towards animation. My main focus is showing that I can Design and Illustrate(and maybe animate). 

Book Cover Design - Book Anniversary? Special Books to me? Travel Guides?

Animated Covers - E-books, digital bus shelters, any screen based platform
Cinemagraphs - Looping moving images with subtle movement, GIFS


http://cinemagraphs.com/

Using text in my images to communicate? 
This piece from Marcin Wolski I found during PPP research, uses text to give its image context and communicate. I like how subtle it is but can be worked out easily from the visual clues. 

Marcin Wolski - The Chernobyl Disaster

I've also really enjoyed making illustrated type for the Illustration Friday brief so I think that my FMP could be an embodiment of Cinemagraphs and Typography.

No comments:

Post a Comment